Whatever the reason you need storage, whether your goods are personal or business items, Eckington Self Storage are sure to have a storage solution for you.
It couldn’t be easier to store your goods with us. You choose the size of storage unit that best suits your needs (our friendly and knowledgeable team are always on hand to offer advice and guidance), for any length of time required (our minimum storage period is two weeks), move your goods into it, securely lock it, and leave it safe in the knowledge that your items are stored safely and securely with us.
Find out more about how self storage works by clicking here
How Self Storage Works
It’s a lot more simple, and less daunting, to rent a self storage unit that it may seem, but we understand that for many customers this may the first time they have had to use a storage facility, and so we aim to make it as easy and stress-free as it can possibly be.
Simply choose the size of storage unit you need for your requirements (we can assist if you are unsure).
Complete a short form (either in person, or via email), provide 2 Forms of ID (one to be photo ID), select your initial rental period.
Move your goods into your clean, dry and lockable unit.
Secure your storage unit with a padlock and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your goods are secure in your own private self storage unit housed within our facility.
If you wish to visit your unit, you can enjoy free and unlimited access during our opening hours.
What Can I Store?
Here at Eckington Self Storage, we are sure that we can find a solution to your storage needs.
Examples of some things that customers store with us are:
- Home furniture and possessions – Our storage units are ideal whether you are moving house, decluttering your house or a room prior to a sale, or simply because you want to make more space in your house.
- Personal possessions – Perhaps you are going travelling and want to ensure your personal possessions are kept safe and secure.
- Business Stock / Materials / Tools – Whether you are a small business starting out and building stock, or a larger, more established business looking to have an ‘access hub’ for your stock for sales reps……
- Antiques and Collectibles / Valuables
- Exhibition displays or equipment
- Record collections you can’t bear to part with – we have fantastic mini ‘locker units’ that are perfect for these
- Vehicles – we have a number of designated indoor vehicle storage bays
- Documents and Archive materials
With storage unit sizes ranging from 10 square feet to 160 square feet, we are sure that we will have the perfect solution for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the questions we receive the most about our services.
If we missed anything, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’ll be happy to help.
There are certain items that can’t be stored in a self storage unit. These are listed below:
- Living creatures
- Foodstuffs or perishable goods
- Flammable or combustible goods (e.g. petrol, solvents)
- Weapons, ammunition or explosives
- Toxic waste, asbestos, chemicals, radioactive or biologically hazardous materials
- Bottled or compressed gas
- Materials giving off noxious odours or gasses
Unfortunately we don’t offer a removal service. However, we can make several quality recommendations for local removal companies.
Yes, under SSA guidelines, this is a requirement.
We do ask that your goods are insured whilst in self storage. Some household contents (and business stock) policies allow for this (storage of goods away from home), but we understand that your circumstances may mean that this is not an option for you. We offer self storage insurance at a competitive rate, should you require it.
You are welcome to come and visit our site to view the range of sizes during our opening hours. Appointments are not necessary.